Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm the Eric of This Party!

I guess I should first explain what I mean by the title of this post. Eric is Barry's sister's (Tammy) long time boyfriend. He often gets hurt doing things like playing on a pogo stick, swinging from tree swings and walking down the sidewalk. He broke his ankle on that last one. He bounces back just fine. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, just less than graceful at times.
So, last night Barry and I went to Tammy's house in Seattle for New Years. Barry was pretty drunk and I was standing on his feet while he was walking around. So, he needs to use the bathroom and I claim "Well, I guess I'm coming with you then!" We get to the bathroom and there's a cat in front of us. He's tries to step over the cat but only succeeds in tripping and falling onto me. I fall backwards and land on the toilet and Barry lands on top of me. I whacked my head on the tank of the toilet and smacked my lower back on the toilet seat and Barry squashed me there. So he feels really bad for what he did (but now that he's sober, he claims it was ALL my fault. Jerk.) and starts hugging me.
"Ow! Don't hug me, I hurt my back!"
He pets my head (which I usually love).
"Ow! Don't touch my head, it hurts!"
He rubs my back.
"Ow! That's where I hurt my back!"
Hugs me again, resting his chin on my head (Thus pressing on my hurt back and touching my shiny new goose egg).
"Ow! Quit touching me!"
So, since Eric didn't get hurt last night, I declare myself Eric of that party!
I'm doing alright considering. I've got a nice bump on my head and my back's a little sore. I think its just some bruising and pulled muscles. I should be good in a couple of days.
Barry woke up this morning wondering why his ribs hurt. I told him it's because he crushed me last night. He thinks it's because I was punching him because he was snoring too much.
I didn't get a picture of my new coat yet. I'm hoping I'll get some pictures up this weekend of my gifts.

1 comment:

Knitting in the Rain said...

Ha! Wish I'd seen this before spinning the other night! ;-)