Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Booty!

I finally got some pictures taken of my fancy new coat, but you have to read about the trials and tribulations of buying that coat before you get to see any pictures! Here it goes...
Barry got me a gift certificate to Burlington Coat Factory for $50. I desperately needed a new coat since mine had a HUGE hole in the pocket. We get there and there is a ginormous selection of coats. It wouldn't be the Burlington Coat Factory if there were any less coats. So, their "organization" of the coats makes no sense to me if there was a system. I wanted a pea coat. I've always wanted a pea coat but they are always to expensive. We're there for maybe 1/2 an hour and I'm starting to get ready to give up. Everything is either too big or too expensive. I have little patience for shopping for clothes especially when there's no order. Barry finally pulls one out that looks promising. I try it on....It's perfect! We start looking for the price tag and there isn't one. I head up to the front to find out the price while Barry looks for a similar coat. I'm convinced that the perfect coat will be at least $100. I get up there and it's $49.99! The woman asks if I'd like to buy it now and I say yes! Shopping hell is done and I have an awesome coat! I signal Barry to come up to the front since he has my wallet with the extra money for tax. She rings it up and it's only $45! It was on sale for $39.99! Sweet! I've already given her my gift card and she hands it back to me just as Barry arrives with my wallet and poopy old coat. And what does he say? Not "I'm so happy you got the coat you wanted." He said "Why did you buy it already? I found another one I want you to try on." He tells me you never buy the first one you try. Hello! I tried on at least 5 or 6 coats! So, we leave the shop, bubble popped. He apologizes, and we go back in to spend the rest of the gift card since we never shop at Burlington Coat Factory. We picked up a cute welcome mat that says "The Party Starts Here!"
Boring poseCute pose

Badass pose


Inside pockets!

And reversible!

I also got a purse that my mom made me. When I was a teenager, I loved yin yangs!
There are two pockets where the two colors meet.
She included a note with it that said:
Paula,
I hope you like this purse. It is called a Yin-Yang Purse.
I made it because I know you like the Yin-Yang symbol.
If you don't like it, that's okay.
You only have to use it when I come to visit.
Just be grateful that it is not a pink bunny suit.
Have a great Christmas.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

emicat said...

LOL love the "badass pose" - I wouldn't mess with you if I encountered that Paula ;)

I love the yin yang bag - your mom did an awesome job. and she's right - it could've been a pink bunny suit haha