Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick

I've been sick these past couple of days. I think I had mild food poisoning Monday from a Mexican microwave meal. Tuesday, I had stomach pains and kidney pains. I thought I had appendicitis. There's a thing where the doctors press on your abdomen in a certain spot and it hurts really bad if you have it. I tried it and it hurt! The earliest they could squeeze me in was 4. By that time, most of the pain had gone and I was feeling better. I figured better safe than sorry though. I just have a minor bladder infection. I think the abdominal pain was left over from having nothing to eat on Monday except ginger ale, saltines, pepto bismol and water. I was so happy that after my appointment, I got Arby's and wolfed down a sandwich. My tummy hurts again. Maybe I should have started out with soup.
The rest of this week, I've just been headache-y, tired and my tummy kind of queasy. I still haven't gotten back my full appetite. I ate 2 pieces of toast for breakfast and I'm stuffed! I did sleep a lot last night though. I went to bed at 8 and got up at 7. I don't have a headache, so it must have helped.
It turns out that Barry was trying to kill me. He filled our water at the hand pump that was at the camp site. We brought the jug home and when I started feeling sick, all I drank was water. Tainted water! I don't really know if the water was tainted, but since I've been drinking real bottled water, I've gotten better.
I've been working on this crazy pair of socks. Eunny Jang's Entrelac Socks. Insanity! First, the socks are made for someone with long, skinny feet. I have short fat feet. The entrelac technique is so complicated, I have no idea how to modify it for size. I'm hoping that a larger needle will widen the sock and maybe I'll just stop a few blocks short on my foot. I hope it'll work. It's taken me 2 days just to do the freaking toe!
Amanda let me borrow her Cardcaptor Sakura DVDs. It's been really fun. I watched a few episodes when they were playing it on TV. It's nice to start at the beginning. Unfortunately, it's subtitles only. I don't mind subtitles so much, it just makes knitting harder! ;D

No comments: