Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Been a While!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted!
We had a big sale at the shop last week. The 9-9-9 Back Issue Sale. 9th month, 9 days, 9 discounts. It started at 10% off and went up to 90% off on the last day. I think we did pretty good. Rick isn't too happy though. Most people waited until it hit 60% off to start showing up. We were hoping they would start coming in at 40. Then, on the last day, a bunch of people that we've never seen before showed up and grabbed chunks of books. They didn't even really look at them. We also had a few regulars get greedy and buying multiple copies of things "because they were so cheap." If it's so cheap that you're willing to buy 2 copies of an X-Men book, maybe you can buy some of the crap like Spawn that we were hoping to get rid of! We had great sales. Broke records every day even with the huge discounts. It gives us a chance to put in some fresh stock too. I think many people had stopped looking in our back issues previously because it was the same stuff all the time. Like I said, I think it was a success....it may just take a while to convince Rick of that.
We got in a collection of Garbage Pail Kids too. I had Barry whip this up for me:
It used to say "Knittin' Brittany." He did a great job!
Not much else going on. Amy (Barry's sister) is going to have her baby today. She's been having complications so they're going to C-section. We just mailed out her baby stuff today. Just in time!
Hoping you're having fun in the land where ALL chocolate cake is German!

1 comment:

Blank said...

I think if you're going to do a sale for 60% off or above you should have it be a secret sale for your regulars. Like people that get the newsletter.