Saturday, October 27, 2007

By Popular Demand....

I will create a new post! ;D
I've been meaning to write one, but I had the worst day on Sunday and have been in a funk most of the week because of it. We have tournaments for this game called Heroclix. They're little plastic dudes from DC and Marvel comics. You battle against other players. We've been doing them for a couple of years now. All of my players are really nice, friendly people. We encourage fun playing. Well, we had a guy show up at our last tournament that was a complete and total dick. He was mean and rude to everyone. He won the tournament and got the big prize. A figure worth about $200. I told him his attitude wasn't appreciated, to take his prize and go. Instead of leaving, he decided to start a big argument with me and my players.
You know how bad I am at confrontation, so this was really hard. Luckily, I didn't break down in front of him. I stood my ground and was firm. My players backed me up too. But after he left, I was a mess. I didn't want to stay at work. I didn't even want to go back for the next couple of days, but someone's got to pay the bills. Rick didn't really help me out much either. I don't think he realizes how bad this kind of thing messes me up. I wonder if there are classes you can take. Assertiveness classes or something.
So now, I've got two weekends of Halloween parties. I'm sitting here right now with bright orange hair dye on my head. It's some weird brand I've never even heard of before. I've been having the hardest time find a place that sells my brand of hair dye. I called all the hair supply places and even a couple of music stores (which there aren't very many of around anymore). There was a record store that used to carry it, but they went out of business. So, if anyone knows where I can get Special Effects (other than Hot Topic), let me know! I think I may have to go to the internet to get some.
It's been freezing here lately. I've been trying really hard not to turn on the heat, but I think we may have to start now.
I got the pictures from my mom from our vacation. I haven't had time to process them. Hopefully, I'll have some time next Friday.